Based in Shepley, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
My work has primarily been of an equine subject. The horse always inspires me. Through my unique style, I take joy in leaving certain areas unworked to create fleeting images and therefore give movement to the image. I have used my skills gained from painting horses and applied them to my interests of the natural world (gardens and flowers) as well as portraits of people. I encourage a loose fluid style in oils, watercolours and chalks.
Qualifications and Training
2006 BA(Hons) Fine Art, University of Huddersfield
Shows and Fairs
- Holmfirth Art Week. Continually since 2006, Huddersfield.
- Royal Academy Summer Show London.
- Leeds Open Art Exhibition.
- Chatsworth House Horse Trials. Exhibiting Artist
- Bramham House, Horse Trails. Exhibiting Artist
- BCAF Art Fair London
- John Moore’s Exhibition of Contemporary Art.
- Liverpool The Horse in Art. Obsidian Gallery. Stoke Mandeville
- Society of Equine Artists Summer show London
- Great Yorkshire Show Exhibiting Artist
- Mall Gallery Equine Art London
A SELECTION OF GALLERIES
Agora Gallery New York
Northlight Gallery Horse in Art Huddersfield, SOLO Show
Kentmere House Gallery York
Cupola Gallery Sheffield
Coterie Gallery Sheffield
Featured in Artist & Illustrators Magazine 2007
Artist in Residence
Kirkburton Middle School 2007 – 2017
Zara Philips on winning the Equestrian World Games 2006